History greets you at every turn. Use the guide to see our Heritage Moments.
As you holiday in Waskesiu, you will encounter signs like this one on buildings and places of interest.
Scan the QR codes on the signs or use the links in the listing below the map to connect with our history.
See charming old photos and notice the changes over the years.
Read people's entertaining stories about holidaying or working in Waskesiu.
Hear a tune that roller skaters remember from Skatehaven.
Learn who built our iconic log buildings.
Watch a video of canoe "jousting" at the breakwater.
Marvel at what vacationers wore in the 1940s.
Listen to the Song of Waskesiu as it would have played at the bandstand.
Enjoy making your own memories with this guide at Waskesiu or from your home computer.
1. BA Service Station (Outter Limits, Restaurant Pietro, Evrgreen)
2. Park Theatre (Twin Pine Cinemas and Pine & Fancy)
3. Park Centre (Patio Café, The Scoop, Lake Life)
4. Post Office (The Post Restaurant)
5. Liquor Board Store (All in the Wild)
6. Holiday Inn (Asian Station)
7. House of Souvenirs (Wishing Well Gifts)
8. Skyline Motel (The Wharf)
9. Texaco Service Station (Lakewood Gas Bar)
10. Ella Mae’s Boutique (Waskesiu Liquor Store)
11. Fresh Hair
12. Northland Motel (Mackenzie Inn)
13. Pleasant Inn (Big Olaf & The Suites at Waskesiu)
14. Bank and Doctor’s Residence (Black Spruce Gallery)
15. The Fish Shop (Tallon’s Guest Inn)
16. Park Garage (Grey Owl Centre)
17. Park Residence (Museum & FOTP)
18. Community Hall
19. Waskesiu Bungalow Cabins (Manville’s or Baker’s Bungalows)
20. Manville’s Store (The Market)
22. Main Docks (Waskesiu Lake Adventure Centre)
23. Arcade Stores and Dairy Bar (Waskesiu Trading Company)
24. Johnny Bower’s Coffee Shop (L.A. Outfitters)
25. Shell Shop, Saratoga, Fluff 'n' Stuff, Laundromat and More (Hawood Inn)
26. Red Deer Hotel (Pete’s Terrace)
27. Imperial Oil Service Station (Waskesiu Lake Lodge)
28. Terrace Gardens
29. Lakeview Hotel and Original Waskesiu Lake Lodge (The Lakeview)
33. Nature Centre
36. Main Beach Fun
37. Waskesiu Riding Stables (Lost Creek Resort)
39. Tennis Courts and Lawn Bowling (Waskesiu Recreation Association & Chamber of Commerce)
40. Skatehaven (Fire Hall)
41. McLachlan’s Livery (Fire Hall)
Archival photos in this project are the property of Parks Canada/Prince Albert National Park and used with permission.
Sources used extensively in preparing this site:
Copyright © 2021 Waskesiu Heritage Museum.
All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is prohibited.
Interested in using material and information on this site for educational purposes? Please contact us.
Web site by UncommonSense Business Solutions.