History greets you at every turn. Use the guide to see our Heritage Moments.
Built in 1951 as Camera Crafts House of Souvenirs, Henry Thams operated this business for ten years. The grounds were always well maintained with ornaments, flowers, and a fountain.
Many folks remember making a wish while tossing coins in the fountain. In the photo to the right, the young people pose for a photo in front of the fountain. Much effort was always made with the extensive landscaping, lawn ornaments, and flowers.
Since 1961, it has been owned and operated by members of the Zaparaniuk family. Zaparaniuks purchased the building and, with the exception of a few years, it has been operated since by Marge Zaparaniuk, next by her daughter Betty Boback, and presently by her granddaughter Brynn Boback-Lane.
Many vacationers over the years found the perfect souvenir of their holidays in Prince Albert National Park in this shop. These souvenirs have traveled home with vacationers from all over the world, memories of a wonderful holiday in Waskesiu. Many of the souvenirs on display in the Waskesiu Heritage Museum were originally purchased here.
Copyright © 2021 Waskesiu Heritage Museum.
We acknowledge that we are on Treaty 6/Métis territory.
All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is prohibited.
Interested in using material and information on this site for educational purposes? Please contact us.
Web site by UncommonSense Business Solutions.