History greets you at every turn. Use the guide to see our Heritage Moments.
The original building on this site was the Holiday Inn Restaurant built in 1953 by Bill Fisich who did the cooking while his sister Sally served customers. The log siding was painted a pale turquoise which would have been fashionable in that era.
Later, Mike Goy ran the business as the Dairy Whip and Waskesiu Inn in the 1970s eventually renaming it simply Mike’s Place. Unfortunately the business was destroyed by fire in 2002. (Photos below)
It was rebuilt by Hong and Theresa Cam and reopened as the Asian Station in 2006. The Cams also operate the Chateau Park Chalets located behind the restaurant. They obtained it in 2010 from the original developer Bill Locke who built it in 1988. Bill will be remembered as the long time operator of the Grey Owl Marina.
Copyright © 2021 Waskesiu Heritage Museum.
We acknowledge that we are on Treaty 6/Métis territory.
All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is prohibited.
Interested in using material and information on this site for educational purposes? Please contact us.
Web site by UncommonSense Business Solutions.